Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SMU Food Selection....Is There Enough

I have always thought that SMU's selection of foot was pretty good for a college campus.  We have Umphrey Lee where you can find just about anything, Mac's Place located in McElvaney Hall, Hughes Trigg, and even Einstiens.  I was always impressed with our food selection until Fall Break.  Over Fall Break I visited several friends at a much larger public school.  I was blown away by how many different options they had for on campus meals.  Yes, their school was about three times the size of ours.  But still, I felt like everywhere I looked there was a restaurant, cafeteria, cafe, bakery, and the list goes on and on.  Do all schools have this great of a food selection as the larger school my friends from high school attend?  How could SMU improve their selection and broaden their horizon?  Now at times I feel trapped as though Umphrey Lee is the only option for an adequate dinner.  Does anyone else feel the same way?

1 comment:

Shibbyshibbs said...

I completely agree with your stance on SMU having a very small variety of food on campus. During Fall Break (when I'm sure they thought most people were gone) the only things that were being served at Umphrey Lee was omelets, waffles, and sandwiches...no exaggeration. I would think that for a school that charges close to $50,000 a year in tuition you would at least be able to eat more than eggs and sandwiches on a break.