Saturday, November 1, 2008

Homecoming

As Homecoming is quickly approaching I am excited to see what Homecoming will be like at the college level.  I continue to hear about the parade, floats, and festivities from the upperclassmen and how Homecoming is always such a big deal.  At my high school, Homecoming was not about a parade or floats, but it was about the Homecoming dance.  No one seemed to care about the football game or anything else.  We always went all out for the Homecoming dances.  We would rent limos, go to fun restaurants, take lots of pictures, and of course, get very dressed up.  When I think of Homecoming I think of dances.  This year it will be so weird having a Homecoming, minus the fancy dance.  Did anyone else have Homecoming parades and floats?  Or was Homecoming more about the dance rather than the actual game and idea of alumni coming "home."?

No comments: