Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

I always look forward to Thanksgiving because it is a chance to spend time with family and relatives that I do not have the chance to see very often.  This Thanksgiving I was especially excited to go home and see the family and friends that I had not seen for a while.  We have many traditions in our household that I have always grown up with.  Every Thanksgiving morning I wake up early to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, I help my mom cook, we go see a movie, and then start to put up the Christmas decorations.  This year we went and saw the movie Four Christmases with Reese Witherspoon and I highly recommend this movie!  Also, I enjoyed being apart of the Christmas decorations this year, however I will not be able to enjoy them the entire holiday season.  Even though I was so excited for Thanksgiving and all of the traditions, I was also extremely happy to be back at SMU.  I never thought that I would miss college and the dorms as much as I did!  Now I am wondering how I will be able to be away from school and my life here in Dallas for an entire month over Christmas break!  Does anyone else feel the same way?  Also, what Thanksgiving traditions did everyone enjoy the most over break?

No comments: